National Healthcare Upheld
Stolen Valor Act Overturned
VFW Supported Bills Clear Subcommittees
- H.R. 5948, Veterans Fiduciary Reform Act of 2012, would provide further protections and more oversight of veteran fiduciaries to ensure the veterans' needs are being handled properly.
- H.R. 5880 authorizes VA to contract with private companies for examinations to help in the processing of disability claims.
- H.R. 4057 would direct VA to develop a comprehensive outreach and transparency policy for veterans regarding information received about higher education institutions.
- H.R. 5747 would prohibit the sale, foreclosure or seizure of property for a year after a service member is discharged or deployed by the military. It also provides credit protections and asks large mortgage companies to maintain a toll-free number for addressing any financial concerns.
- H.R. 4079, the Safe Housing for Homeless Veterans Act, will ensure housing for homeless veterans meets safe living standards.
Senate Reviews Health and Benefit Bills for Vets
- S.1849, Rural Health Care Improvement Act, would require VA to develop a 5-year plan for improving access to, and quality of, healthcare services for veterans in rural areas.
- S. 1391, would improve VA's disability compensation evaluation procedure for veterans with post-traumatic stress disorder or mental health conditions related to military sexual trauma.
- S. 2320, Remembering America's Forgotten Veterans Cemetery Act of 2012, would give the American Battle Monuments Commission (ABMC) authority to care for Clark Cemetery.
VFW Applauds State AGs for Protecting Student-Vets
Sean P Eagan
Former Chairman American Cold War Veterans