Saturday, September 25, 2010

LETTER: Straightening out dates for the official Cold War

http://www.theleafchronicle.com/fdcp/?1285477154998



I am a proud veteran of the Army. Although I served during a time of peace, I did serve in the Berlin Brigade while the wall still divided East and West Berlin.


To me the POW/MIA flag is second in my heart, only one step behind the U.S. flag. Our government set aside one day a year to remember our POWs/MIAs, and this is wonderful.

Personally, I look at my own POW/MIA flag every day and pray for all missing.

In a Veterans Voice column, there were some numbers given for MIAs from different wars. The dates for the Cold War were listed as 1950s and 1960s.

The actual dates of the Cold War are Sept. 2, 1948 to Dec. 26, 1991. The reason I know this is because I received a letter of recognition several years ago from the secretary of defense for serving during this time period.

Just thought his was some useful information for veterans who served during this time frame.

JAMES R. TUCK

CLARKSVILLE 37043

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?