Friday, October 13, 2006

Letter from Senator Cornyn

Recent letter submitted by CWVA member in Texas after defeat of Cold War Victory Medal.

Thank you for contacting me about the Cold War Victory Medal. I appreciate having the benefit of your comments on this matter. As you may know, section 552 of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year (FY) 2007 (H.R.. 5122) would have established the Cold War Victory Medal to honor the men and women who served in our armed forces during the Cold War. The Cold War was a crucial era in our nation's history, and this legislation would pay tribute to those men and women who honorably served their country at home or abroad during the Cold War. I am deeply disappointed that this provision was not included in the final version of the NDAA, and you may be certain I will continue to advocate legislation that will honor those who served our country during that time. Because my father served in the Air Force for thirty-one years, I grew up around men and women dedicated to protecting our country. It is vital that we remember these contributions and sacrifices.

Thus, I remain committed to ensuring that our military personnel are recognized for the invaluable service they rendered during the long struggle against totalitarianism.I appreciate having the opportunity to represent the interests of Texans in the United States Senate. Thank you for taking the time to contact me.

Sincerely,

JOHN CORNYN

United States Senator

517 Hart Senate Office Building

Washington, DC 20510Tel: (202) 224-2934Fax: (202) 228-285

http://www.cornyn.senate.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?