- TRICARE beneficiary coverage for certain autism treatment disorders.
- Revised Stolen Valor Act – making it a federal crime to falsify military decorations for personal gain.
- A comprehensive mental health and suicide prevention program within DOD.
- Improvements in the transition process for active duty.
- CRSC payments to combat–disabled retirees forced into medical retirement
- Army Sgt. John R. Jones, 22, of Louisville, Ky. On June 4, 1971, Jones was working with indigenous commandos to defend a radio-relay base, known as Hickory Hill, in Quang Tri Province, South Vietnam. When enemy forces attacked the site, Jones and another serviceman took up a defensive position in a nearby bunker. The following morning, Jones was reportedly killed by enemy fire and the other soldier was captured and held as a POW until 1973.
American Cold War Veterans, Inc.
|Blog:||Cold War Veterans Blog|
|Network:||My Fast Pitch! Profile|