Colleagues and Fellow Veterans,
Today marks the first Friday of April which means the Bureau of Labor Statistics released their employment statistics. The data Included today is for the month of March, 2014, as well as the 1st quarter, 2014. The National unemployment rate remained unchanged at 6.7% while the Veteran unemployment rate decreased slightly from 6.3% in February to 6.0% in March. The Veteran unemployment rate average for the first quarter of this year was 6.0%.
Please click the links below to view the full report.
Curtis L. Coy
Deputy Under Secretary for Economic Opportunity
Veterans Benefits Administration
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- If you would like to review prior messages sent through this listserv, clickhttp://benefits.va.gov/vow/economic_opportunity.htm.
- If you would like to research, find, access, and, in time, manage your VA benefits and personal information please visit and/or register at https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal.
- If you are seeking employment in the federal government, particularly the VA, our VA for Vets high-tech tools and resources can help. Visit online at http://vaforvets.va.gov/Pages/default.aspx or call 1-855-824-8387.
If you would like to contact us about your VA education benefits:
- You can send us a secure email that will usually be answered within 48 hours. You can also search for answers to frequently asked questions and register to be notified of any updates to the information. This contact method is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can also be utilized worldwide. Click here to enter the "Ask A Question" site or here to review our frequently asked questions.
- You can call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551). This line only accepts calls from 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM central time Monday – Friday, though you are able to schedule a call back from a Customer Service Representative.
Life Member VFW NY Post 53
American Cold War Veterans, Inc.
|Blog:||Cold War Veterans Blog|
|Network:||My Fast Pitch! Profile|