DFAS Warns of Scams
VFW Testifies on Vet Bills
- H.R. 5880, the Veterans Disability Examination Access Improvement Act, would extend authority to VA to enter into contracts with private doctors to conduct medical disability exams.
- H.R. 4299, the Quality Housing for Veterans Act, would provide specially adaptive housing assistance to veterans residing temporarily in housing owned by a family caregiver.
- H.R. 2720, which is legislation that would clarify the role of VA in providing a benefit or service related to the interment or funeral of a veteran.
Spotlight on Veterans in Upcoming Election
See How Your Members Vote
A Texas Advocate's Point of View
VFW Locked Out of Education Webinar
Arlington National Cemetery Update
India Renews JPAC Recovery Operations
USS Liberty Attack Anniversary
Four MIAs Identified
- Army Cpl. Dick E. Osborne, 17, of Brookville, Pa. On Nov. 2, 1950, Osborne and members of the 8th Cavalry, 3rd Battalion, L Company, were fighting Chinese forces near the Kuryong River in North Korea, in an area known as "Camel's Head." Osborne was listed as missing in action following the fight.
- Air Force Lt. Col. Edward D. Silver, 34, of Junction City, Ore., and Maj. Bruce E. Lawrence, 25, of Easton, Pa. On July 5, 1968, Silver and Lawrence, were flying the lead F-4C Phantom II aircraft on a night armed-reconnaissance of enemy targets in Quang Binh Province, North Vietnam. Other pilots witnessed anti-aircraft fire striking the aircraft shortly before it crashed. No parachutes or signs of survivors were seen.
Sean P Eagan
Former Chairman American Cold War Veterans