Saturday, November 10, 2012

IAVA Veterans Day


 

Hi Sean,

Veterans Day is around the corner. As an Iraq vet, former IAVA intern, student on the New GI Bill and LA resident, I'm honored to be leading an event in California this weekend.

I've been thinking all week about what this day is all about, and for me it comes down to pride in this community, pride for our values. Being a part of this "New Greatest Generation" is one of the most important parts of my identity. No matter the challenges we all face coming home, every one of my brothers and sisters have two things in common: we are committed to each other and we are committed to service. Period.

That's why these Veterans Day events are so meaningful. Vets, civilians, parents, kids, every one of us are family this weekend. This is our time to show the country who we are and what we stand for.

I hope you all get to experience it.  There are about 20 more local leaders like me doing free, awesome events around the country – and you could add one more. Check out the sign-up page to see what's out there.

The more of us show up, the more impact we make and the stronger we are to serve our country and each other.

So, I'll see you there.

Laura

Laura Araujo
IAVA Member, OIF Veteran



--


 

Sean Eagan

American Cold War Veterans, Inc.
Web: http://americancoldwarvets.org/
Blog: Cold War Veterans Blog
Email: Sean.Eagan@gmail.com
Phone:  716 720-4000 
Network: My Fast Pitch! Profile
LinkedIn








No comments:

Post a Comment

Do you have something to say?