Memorial Day, is a day set aside to honor those who answered our nations call and made the ultimate sacrifice in the defense of our freedom!
It's the most sacred sacrifice a nation can ask … the call for one of our fellow servicemen or women to risk life itself in defense of our nation.
You and I made our own sacrifices in our country's service, but both of us stand in awe of those who gave their lives.
As Memorial Day dawns, I hope you'll take time to step forward as a DAV member.
- Wear an article of DAV clothing on this special day.
- Fly Old Glory in front of your home.
- If your DAV Chapter is involved in a Memorial Day parade, please take part.
- If not, attend some other patriotic event.
- You might even want to decorate the graves of our fallen heroes.
That's why I so value your membership. Through DAV, you lead the way for all of America's veterans.
To Honor the Fallen,
Arthur H. Wilson
Disabled American Veterans
Life Member VFW NY Post 53
American Cold War Veterans, Inc.
|Blog:||Cold War Veterans Blog|
|Network:||My Fast Pitch! Profile|